at Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic in Kent
Good dental health can be achieved and maintained with the attention of the dentist at Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic in Kent, who can guide patients to the right direction in terms of taking care of their dental health – and the dental health of their whole family as well.
Routine dentistry or general dentistry by the dentist at Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic in Kent will ensure that a patient (along with his or her family) enjoys good dental health, while staying as far away as possible from dental problems.
General dentistry will also be beneficial in the early detection and treatment of dental concerns, so they do not have a chance to worsen into more serious issues.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry focuses on providing primary or routine dental care for patients of all ages. A general dentistry Kent dentist will be responsible for giving the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dental problems for patients. The general dentist will also be responsible in coordinating the dental treatments that are necessary to achieve and maintain a patient’s good overall dental health. General dentistry dentists in Kent are not focused on a specific dentistry specialisation; however, this does not mean that they are not qualified to provide for the overall dentistry needs of their patients.
The General Dentistry Consultation
A general dentistry Kent dentist will ask you to fill out a form with your personal details and medical history if it is your first time to go to him or her for a dental consultation/treatment. The information that will be stated in the form will help the dentist in formulating a specific dental treatment plan for your specific needs, and will also take into consideration any medical conditions that you may have in creating a treatment plan.
The dentist at Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic in Kent dentist will discuss the treatment plan with you, and will also get your side with regards to goals and expectations are for the dental treatment – before the entire treatment plan can be finalised and put into action. This ensures that the general dentistry Kent dentist will have a clear idea of what you need and want for the specific dental treatments even before they are started.
Diagnostics such as the taking of X-rays, CT scans, and other digital images will be done to provide clearer images of your teeth, gums, jaw bone, and whole maxillofacial region; these images will help the dentist in formulating the appropriate dental treatment plan for your specific needs.
General Dentistry Procedures
These are the procedures or dental treatments that are offered by general dentistry dentists in Kent:
- Routine Dental Checkups – routine dental checkups are necessary to ensure the maintenance of good oral health, and also for the early detection of dental problems to prevent them from advancing into more serious concerns.
- Dental Hygiene – Dental hygiene services include regular or routine dental cleaning. A general dentistry dentist in Kent will also be able to provide dental hygiene tips to ensure that the patient will have the proper information on how to take care of his or her dental health.
- Treatment of Gum Diseases – General dentistry includes the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of gum diseases. Root planing and scaling can be done by a general dentistry Kent dentist for patients who need these periodontal treatments.
- Fluoride treatment and sealants – fluoride treatments are applied to the teeth to make the tooth structure stronger and to provide better protection against tooth decay. Sealants provide the teeth with a protective barrier against damage that may result from bacteria or plaque.
- Mouthguard provisions – this includes the fitting and creation of a mouthguard according to a patient’s specific needs.
- Simple tooth extractions that do not involve extensive surgical procedures
- Treatment of bad breath/halitosis – a treatment plan will be formulated by the general dentistry Kent dentist to address bad breath or halitosis concerns; the appropriate dental treatments will also be done to correct what may be the bad breath’s underlying cause.
- Dentures – prosthetic dental device used to replace missing teeth.
- Dental fillings – used to address the damage to a tooth, which may be caused by trauma or tooth decay.
- Root canal therapy – this is done to save a decayed tooth from being extracted. The abscessed pulp or infected parts of the tooth will be removed, before the tooth’s root can be cleaned and eventually sealed to prevent further damage due to infection.
- X-rays, CT scans, or digital images that help determine the dental health needs of a patient; these images also help in the preparation of an appropriate treatment plan.
- Dental crowns and dental bridges – teeth restorations that replace the form and function of missing teeth.