Obagi Blue Peel (From £ 550.00)
TCA chemical peels such as the Obagi Blue Peel treatment are those that are considered to bring more desirable results compared to an AHA chemical peel. Considered to be a medium-depth chemical peel because it goes deeper than just the outer most layer of the skin, a TCA Obagi Blue Peel effectively does skin resurfacing to uncover a new layer of skin that appears more youthful, and move vibrant.
The degree and depth of penetration of the Obagi Blue Peel treatment can be adjusted by a Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic specialist in Kent, to successfully address the concerns of the patient.
Improvements by Obagi Blue Peel
- Complete peeling and removal of skin that is dry and flaky
- Corrects acne, pimples, black heads, and clogged pores by killing the bacteria.
- Removal of age spots and freckles on the face, and other parts of the body
- Skin lightening and the removal of dark spots
- Removal of skin lesions or scarring
- Decrease or complete removal of deep forehead lines, crow’s feet, and creases on the lips
- Visible repair and improvement through peeling of damaged skin due to years of sun exposure.
- Bacteria killing and eradication to address problems of pimples, acne, clogged pores, and black heads
- Removal of scars or lesions that have been present for a few years
- Repair and removal of facial lines in various areas of the face
- Removal of hyper pigmentation or liver spots
- Removes liver spots known as hyper pigmentation.
- Lightens the appearance of tattoos, or removes the tattoo completely with repeated treatments.
Obagi Blue Peel
The Obagi Blue Peel treatment’s active ingredient is the trichloroacetic acid – the same acid in TCA chemical peels; however, the TCA is not actually in the cream – it will be added to the Obagi Blue Peel cream by the doctor or dermatologist as needed. The Obagi Blue Peel cream is actually coloured blue green, and was created that way by Dr. Obagi to help doctors and dermatologists to determine which part of the face (or any other area to the be treated) has already been applied with the cream – and which parts still do not have the cream. The Obagi Blue Peel is known to effectively restore the skin’s natural beauty, making it smoother, tighter, and more radiant.
The Obagi Blue Peel uses Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) as the active ingredient, which will be mixed with the patented Blue Base from Obagi. The Kent skin care professional will apply the Obagi Blue Peel based on the patient’s level of skin damage, and based on the patient’s desired level of transformation.
Obagi Blue Peel can successfully deal with the following skin conditions or problems: fine facial lines, wrinkles, sun spots, age spots, freckles, and other conditions relating to damage from the sun, pimples, acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Obagi Blue Peel Procedure
The Obagi Blue Peel procedure takes less than an hour and does not usually require sedation or any form or anaesthetic. The cosmetic skin care professional or physician will apply the Blue Peel typically to the face and neck areas, to improve the condition of the skin in these areas.
During the Obagi Blue Peel procedure, the patient can expect a mild burning sensation to occur that usually lasts for only a few minutes; the patient may then see a bluish tint to the skin (caused by the colour of the Obagi Blue Peel cream), which usually washes off completely within 12 to 24 hours. The number of Obagi Blue Peel treatments will be discussed by the physician or skin care professional with the patient, to achieve the desired skin improvement result.
Depending on the strength and depth of the Obagi Blue Peel, the patient will experience a light degree of swelling right after the procedure. Within 2 to 3 days, the skin will start to peel; this peeling will continue over the next several days. By Days 7 to 10, full healing of the skin can be seen and experienced.