TCA Chemical Peels – Obagi Blue
at Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic in Kent
TCA chemical peels or Trichloroacetic chemical peels are skin treatments that are considered to bring more desirable results compared to an AHA chemical peel. Considered to be a medium-depth chemical peel because it goes deeper than just the outer most layer of the skin, a TCA chemical peel effectively does skin resurfacing to uncover a new layer of skin that looks more vibrant, and more youthful. The degree and depth of penetration of the TCA chemical peel can be adjusted by a Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic specialist in Kent, to successfully address the concerns of the patient.
Improvements by TCA Chemical Peel
- Complete peeling and removal of skin that is dry and flaky
- Decrease or complete removal of deep forehead lines, crow’s feet, and creases on the lips
- Visible repair and improvement through peeling of damaged skin due to years of sun exposure.
- Bacteria killing and eradication to address problems of pimples, acne, clogged pores, and black heads
- Skin lightening and the removal of dark spots
- Removal of scars or lesions that have been present for a few years
- Repair and removal of facial lines in various areas of the face
- Removal of hyper pigmentation or liver spots
- Removal of age spots and freckles on the face, and other parts of the body
- Removes lesions or scaring which has troubled you for years!
- Corrects acne, pimples, black heads, and clogged pores by killing the bacteria.
- Removes liver spots known as hyper pigmentation.
- Lightens the appearance of tattoos, or removes the tattoo completely with repeated treatments.
What to Expect from a TCA Chemical Peel Procedure
Prior to the actual application of the chemical to your skin, the doctor may ask you to take pain relievers or a sedative to prevent you from feeling any discomfort or pain during the procedure. The face or any other part of the body that will be treated will be thoroughly cleansed to ensure that excess oils are removed. The TCA chemical peel solution will then be applied to the area where the treatment is needed; when the desired skin depth has been reached, the physician will then apply a neutralising solution. Ice can be applied to deal with the stinging or burning sensation that can be felt application of the acid on the skin. After all of the treated areas have been neutralised, you can expect skin colour to go back to normal in 15-45 minutes. The skin will then be covered with a protective barrier (such as steroid ointment, or an oil-based ointment) to promote healing and lock in moisture. You can then go home after this procedure.
Obagi Blue Peel
The Obagi Blue Peel treatment’s active ingredient is the trichloroacetic acid – the same acid in TCA chemical peels; however, the TCA is not actually in the cream – it will be added to the Obagi Blue Peel cream by the doctor or dermatologist as needed. The Obagi Blue Peel cream is actually coloured blue green, and was created that way by Dr. Obagi to help doctors and dermatologists to determine which part of the face (or any other area to the be treated) has already been applied with the cream – and which parts still do not have the cream. The Obagi Blue Peel is known to effectively restore the skin’s natural beauty, making it smoother, tighter, and more radiant.
Obagi Blue Peel can successfully deal with the following skin conditions or problems: fine facial lines, wrinkles, sun spots, age spots, freckles, and other conditions relating to damage from the sun, pimples, acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.